Google’s search engine is one of the most superior search engines to us. The majority of traffics of a website comes from search engines where Google’s search percentage is 78%. (Source: Internetlivestats)
We already know that Google and other search engines are constantly improving to provide the better results to people. That’s why they’re utilizing various algorithm updates regularly to make their search engine results more effective which helps to show up relevant and exact search results which searchers seeking for.
In this case, everyone wants to achieve better search engine ranking for getting organic traffics. But showing up with the top SERP isn’t easy.
If you rightly optimize your website with search engine guidelines and up-to-date SEO techniques, then your website will get a chance to take the place in the top search results.
Besides, Google’s search engine uses various metrics to determine of website ranking. Last year, Moz published search engine ranking factors where the highest score of domain level link features is 8.22/10.
Brian Dean, the founder of Backlinko had published 200 ranking factors which you should follow for better search engine ranking.
In this post, I’ll walk through step by step about the most 4 powerful ways that can improve your website ranking as well as organic traffics and conversation rate.
You know CONTENT IS KING but It’s not that type of true for all time. Quality content is one of the major weapons for website ranking on Google. Based on the recent year statistics that Google and other search engines respectively love the massive depth of contents and you should help yourself to increase your content words limit up to 1000-1500 words. And it will be easier to get more visitors on your blog or whatever your site is. While writing the content, make sure you focus the content with the targeted keyword. However, I’ve completely focused some crucial points that you need to give attention while writing a great content.
1. Fresh and Unique Contents: Your first and foremost task is not to use any COPY contents from other sites. You can make yourself better by writing fresh contents with targeted keywords. It’ll also increase your ability to catch the perfect keyword and turn them into a quality content. Duplicate content can make a bad impact on your website. If you want to show your contents in multiple pages or sites, you can use the canonical tag to avoid any issue with Google. E-Commerce sites need to show their products in many pages or categories. That’s why they face the duplicate content issues while canonical URLs fix out that problem.
Matt Cutts Says:
2. Keywords: Utilize your chosen keywords with your contents. Don’t try to use keyword stuffing techniques for over focus your keywords. If you do that you will be considered as a spammer. Just push keywords in your contents naturally where you really need to use. Cause while search engine indexing your website, It looks in the repeated words and phrases.The keywords tell to the search engine what your page about or contents. The best practice to use a targeted keyword and some long tail relevant keywords for a content for better search engine position.
What Google’s Content Guidelines says about that:
3. Title Tag: An effective title tag carries your content and helps you to reach it to your right audience by search engines. Even the title tag is not only important for your audience attention, but It also has a strong impact on search engine results. When people search for anything, they get a lot of search results by just typing their desired keywords. The title is the first thing which shows in search engine result. Be creative! While writing the title for your great contents pages.
Write short and powerful title within 55-60 characters. Because search engine allows 60 characters for showing up it in search results. Ignore stop words and place the keyword in the beginning of the title.
4. Meta Data: Metadata other vital elements of a web page which inform to search engine about the page topic.
4.1. Meta Description: In the search results, meta description shows below the title. After quickly checking page titles, people moving fast to check out the meta description to know more about the web page or contents before visit pages. That’s why you should focus to write the meta description accurately which perfectly describe the page content and motivate people to click.
The more you write the meta description effectively, the more people and search engine get the key point of your contents or services. Usually, search engine displays 160 characters with spaces. I recommend you to write the meta description within 155 characters. Make sure about using the primary keyword in it and DON”T use a keyword more than two times.
4.2. Meta Keywords: Meta keywords had significant value to Google’s search engine. But now Google directly has said that the meta keywords tag doesn’t help in search engine ranking. But I recommend you to use the meta keywords. Cause better indexing and some cases, the search engine uses meta keywords.
5. Headers: There are many aspects of a quality content where headings and subheadings are the key components to SEO which can also improve your website ranking on search engines. However, you don’t need to use all for your content pages. According to the rule of SEO, using one H1 tag in a single content page considered the best practices. You probably know that there’re many argue about using more than one H1 tag per page, but I strongly recommend to use one H1 tag for every single page content. Furthermore, You can optimize your content structure by using H2 to H6 tags one more time as following content needs.
The most important SEO header tag is the H1 tag and least important tag is the H6 tag with following sequence using. If you use h4 tag for introducing your content topic instead of h1 tag, you content heading structure will be broken. For that reason, you can easily keep your content well structure by following the using sequence. Also, search engine gives the primary priority to H1 tag. That’s why when you write the H1 tag, make sure that you use the primary keyword in the H1 tag which carries the most SEO value.
6. Bold and Italic Tags: You must be familiar with bold and italic HTML tags. Is it really good practice to SEO? Yes! You can make your content outlook more effective as well as focus some central point by bold or using italic tags around keywords.
7. Internal and External Linking: You know that internal and external both links have a massive impact on search engine indexing and ranking. Google’s search engine ranks a page content through measuring the quality links pointing to the content.
While search engine bots visit to crawl your website, It discovers each page values on linking structure. Relevancy and authority websites linking makes your web page contents much better. Where Internal linking explore your content topics up to the eyes of your readers.
8. Update Your Website Content: Right now you can improve your website visibility on the search engine and increase organic traffics by updating your content regularly. As we know, the search engine provides the highest value to up-to-date information. Even your audience come back on your website, while you provide the updated information to them. That’s why I recommend you update your content at least once a month.
1. Errors Free Design: Design is momentous part of a website. As you want better indexing and search engine results, you should keep your design as more as better. While you complete your website design, make sure to recheck the coding errors free. However W3 validator is a great tool which can help you to overcome this problem.
Rand Fishkin Says –
2. Avoid Flash Content: Flash web sites nice to look and more attractive to visitors. But SEO doesn’t recommend it. Because most of the time flash contents affect website visibility and performance. There are several reasons for not using flash. It’s not mobile friendly and taking too much time to load one of the bad sides of the flash website. It can reduce website conversation rate and traffics as well. Even It’s not possible to create a search engine friendly navigation by using flash. Links value doesn’t contain in a flash website. However, you can’t get the Google analytics report correctly. And final restriction is that a lot of flash content can’t be indexed by Google and other search engines.
3. Use Sitemap: Sitemap is indispensable for easier navigation and better search engine visibility. When you create a sitemap and submit it to Google, It will index faster all your web pages. Not only indexing benefit, but It also helps you to find out broken links that can’t be reached to search engine.
Even sitemap leads you better indexing and a fresh indexing result can help your website ranking on search engine. That’s why It’s a logical matter to use a sitemap to standard crawling and better index of your website.
In WordPress CMS, there are many pretty ways to create XML sitemap. You can manually create a sitemap, where I prefer much to use Google XML sitemap plugin to do that. However, Yoast (One of the best SEO plugin for WordPress) has an opportunity to easily create a sitemap for your site.
4. Robots.txt: Your robots.txt file is the instructor for search engine spider. When the spider comes into your site, robots.txt file tells it which page should be crawled and which should be ignored. Usually, it’s a text file which must be placed in your root directory and that’s particularly important. If you keep your robots.txt file in another directory, the search engine will not be able to find it.
However, you can block search engines from crawling certain files(PDF, Images etc), any duplicate pages and any specific areas or whole your website. You can also notify search engines that where your sitemap file is located.
5. ALT texts: Your website can generate a ton of traffics from Google’s image search result. Before that, you must optimize every image correctly for the search engine. Though you see a car image, you easily recognize it. But search engine spiders can’t recognize it instantly. You can help spiders with alt text by telling what the images about.
<img src=”bmw-car.jpg” alt=”BMW Car” />
Furthermore you should follow these advance image optimization guidelines to take your efforts next level.
1. Quality Vs Quantity: Google and another search engine always want quality backlinks rather than quantity. Your website can be gained on top search ranking result while your efforts will be to create high-quality authority and relevant backlinks.
If you buy a thousand backlinks and want to rank overnight, it will damage your ranking and strategies instead of improving. Many sites getting a penalty from Google for creating backlinks with unnatural way, too fast and too many at a time. That’s why your backlinks plan should be natural and must be with SEO white hat method.
2. Don’t Follow Black Hat SEO Method: Black hat SEO leads short-term search engine improvement as well as organic traffics and conversations. We already know about white hat SEO which follows search engine rules and guidelines. Where black hat SEO methods are the opposite practices of search engines. It tries to fool search engines and wants to get search engine ranking overnight. If you work with that method, after a few months of works, time and strategies will be considered as worthless and finally, you’ll get the penalty from search engines. That’s why you should avoid black hat SEO methods for preventing that penalty and should follow white hat SEO techniques for getting long term result from search engines.
Right now social media plays a vital role for drive traffics both paid and organically for a website. Even It’s one the easiest way to focus website and brand in front of the audience and make an opportunity to connect with them. By producing them good quality contents, you can watch and measure your audience interest. While they interact with your brand then it comes out as more quality social sharing and engagement results. Now Google or other search engine uses social statics to determine web page ranking results. Search engines provide more value on what people really like to read and share through social media. That’s why the most sharing contents get a higher rank on the search result. So you can’t think your SEO strategy without social media. Follow social media marketing strategies which help you to reach out your audience and increase your branding awareness as well. You can’t move forward without knowing what you need to do on next.
You can improve and gain 1# rank of in Google by following those above ways. Again make sure your contents are good quality, your efforts on creating high authority and relevant backlinks and optimize your website rightly for the search engine.
What do you follow for improving search engine ranking? I love to hear your opinion in the comment section.