Are you willing to improve your website ranking and traffics?
In this post, I’ve written about my practical experience of 9 ON PAGE SEO factors. By following these factors, you can increase your website ranking and traffics.
We know that SEO is changing day by day. That’s why we need to change a lot of techniques and applying different methods for getting the results. However, there’re some common factors those still have a significant value from beginning of SEO and there is no doubt that those factors will never valueless.
Title which tells your audience about the theme of your business, service, content topics etc. So it’s definitely the most important fact for your website ranking and traffics. The best practice to keep your title relevant to your contents, short length (55 characters), mentioning with your primary keywords and focus the main point.
Meta Data Optimization
Describe your main portion of your contents topic in the meta description. In a search result, meta description can say what your contents about.
Don’t write a long description in meta description because Google cuts off over a length of 155-160 characters. Don’t forget to mention the main keyword in the meta description and keep it relevant to the content title. Try to use the keywords in the beginning of writing.
Heading Tag Optimization
Are heading tags so important for a page? SEO says it, “YES”. Keep your heading structure SEO friendly. H1 is the most important heading tag as following as the priority, H1 takes the first place. Search engine crawlers first look at your H1 heading and then look for the other H2 to H6 heading tags. For better heading tags optimization, use these simple tips below.
- Don’t use multiple H1 tag for a single page
- Keep the H1 tag in at the top of a page. (Header tag)
- Use the primary keyword in the H1 tag
- Don’t use heading tags as hidden tags
- Keep every tag relevance with your contents
- Write unique H1 tag for every page. Don’t copy it for other pages
- You can use more than once H2 to H6 tags as you need
- H3 to H6 headings should be used as sub-heading
- Use relevant keywords in H2 to H6 heading tag also
- Keep H2 to H6 tags 15-65 characters
Google Spam Department Head Matt Cutts was explaining about that. Why don’t check that here?
Everyone can see every image in a web page. But search engine? Spiders can’t see the images, but it can only see the images ALT tags, file names and other info. Then measure its relevancy with contents. That’s why ALT tags and Image file name must be used for image optimization. Whose target for getting traffic from image search result, they should be rightly done the image optimization. There are some factors that need to give attention.
- Write the image file name with keyword-rich
- Mention the keyword in ALT tag name
- Don’t keyword stuffing
- Don’t use images same names for every image
- Example to write an ALT tag name – “Improve Search Engine Ranking”
- Keep your image file size below 70KB
XML Sitemap Creation
The more better indexing, the better indexing results come out of search engine. Sitemap plays a vital role for better search engine indexing. SEO recommend to use the XML sitemap which improves your on page SEO score as well as your website ranking in search result.
What’s the best way to create an XML sitemap for your site? Get some major points that I mention below.
- Make a clean XML sitemap with Google XML Sitemap Plugin (WordPress)
- You can Include 50K URL in a single sitemap
- The Sitemap should less than 10MB (uncompressed)
- Keep your sitemap updated by following weekly schedule
- Submit your sitemap in Search Console
Do you need a key of your website? Robots.txt is that which you allow to control and telling to the search engine what need to appear in search result and what don’t need. As an example, If you don’t want to index your media file, you can control it from robots.txt file. Be careful! If you do anything wrong with that file, your whole fine could be not indexed by crawler.
So where do you need to give attention and what is the main reason for using Robots.txt?
- Robots.txt file helps to ignore robots to index duplicate pages
- It tells the search engine about the location of the sitemap
- To control certain areas or whole website index or non-index from the crawler
- Don’t want to index images, videos, pdf, etc. Robots.txt could be a great use for that purpose
- Check any website’s robots.txt file by following the URL example – SEOLOUD Robots.txt
Does website speed impacts website ranking? From 2010, when Google first announced website speed as a factor for search engine ranking.
Speed can make a good user experience of a website which Google always measure for website ranking. Follow some quick ways that can improve your website/page loading speed.
- Reduce images sizes by using the WP Smush plugin in WordPress
- Use W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache (WordPress)
- Clear Page Cache by Using the above plugin
- Check you website speed by Google PageSpeed Insights
Google Webmaster (Search Console)
Want to see how Google looks at your website structure, contents and other issues? Right? Okay, the free Google webmaster tool helps you to find out potential problems and troubleshoot them. When you add your website in Google webmaster, it provides you a detail report on the search engine indexing result. By adding an XML sitemap, you can keep your website up to date to Google. Furthermore, you can check all backlinks from here, measure search engine traffic info and get a detail report on SERP position.
You can measure your marketing efforts by using Free Google Analytics tool. That provides the traffic report and gives opportunity to get information about your visitors. The most important to use that tool for getting organic, social, direct, referral etc traffics information by daily, weekly, monthly based.
The tool allows to see where people drop off. You can improve those point areas by taking proper action. However, you can get noticed also about the bounce rate (visitors time – spends on the site).
How much your website bounce rate?
- 26-40 percent rate is excellent.
- 41-55 percentage average score.
- 56-70 percent is higher than average.
- Below 20 percent and above 90 percent bounce rate generally a bad sign.
Google analytics show you the bounce rate so that you can measure about user experience on your website.
What about your site On-Site SEO condition? What are the on page SEO steps do you follow for better optimization? Are you already done the above factors? In this post, I described and focused top On-Page points. Have you any suggestion? Please mention below. I love to see you in the comment discussion. Have a great day!